Arranging a Consultation
I love to talk turntables! If you are confused by the myriad number of makes and models before you, one phone consult can help you zero in on what vintage turntable is best for your budget. This will not be a sales pitch. If you happen to end up buying from me, that’s great…but there is absolutely no sales pressure. I will lay out for you in the frankest terms what I feel would be the best value for your needs, your budget and your whole system synergy. I am also willing to give you feedback on your upgrade path, cartridge compatibility, turntable care…or whatever your vinyl-related question(s) might be. Finally, there are some repairs that can be handled by phone call. (Inquire about that before you pay.)
1. “This was absolutely the best $40 I’ve spent on audio. Period. Dave’s advice has been nothing short of outstanding. His guidance was key in helping get the sound I dreamed about, but had eluded me for many years. It’s important to point out that although Dave sells refurbished AR and Thorens turntables, he wasn’t pushing his products in any way. Dave ultimately ended up directing me to a model turtntable he doesn’t sell - then guided me to a fantastic deal (not on his site) for a huge savings. Here’s my advice: don’t waste your money paying for an exorbitant dealer markup just for their “advice” (sales pitch) Pay $40 for experienced, unbiased, useful advice and then let Dave help you scour the internet for a real deal.” DG, NY
2. “Thank you for assisting me in our consultation yesterday. The time and money spent with you was a great audio investment. I appreciate your knowledge of turntables, your candor. You were able in 30 minutes to cut out all the previous noise in my head caused by multiple internet searches and conflicting info. You have an obvious passion for the classic tables and your service adds incredible value.” RF, San Diego
3. “If you want me to write a testimonial for your website or anything else, I will do so in a heartbeat. You have gone beyond the normal already, and that just doesn’t happen anymore, so when it does, it is worth acknowledging and commenting about.” MR AZ
4. “I can’t thank you enough for your honest straightforward advice on how I can modify my Thorens 145. Your experience and advice provided me the needed direction and confidence to take on modifying my 145. If you are thinking about purchasing a vintage table or modifying one you already have, do yourself a favour and arrange a consultation with Dave. You won’t be disappointed Thanks again.” DD, Ontario
Pre-Telephone Consultation Questions
Please email your responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Are you looking to:
2. If a or b, what is your previous experience with turntables? Models owned?
3. What is the rest of your system?
4. What is your time frame for buying?
5. Do you have a turntable to trade in?
6. Do you already have a cartridge in mind? If yes, what one?
7. What is the best time/day/date to call? (Use EST)
Please make payment to my Paypal account: email@example.com
In the event you do buy a turntable from me, the consult fee is refunded.
I’ll confirm a time with you by email.